Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Beginning of something new!!!!!

I read the following quote from scripture the other day, and it stayed with me.

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4: 10, 11

The words resonated through my mind, seeping into my heart, overtaking my thoughts.

I have been given a gift. It is the gift of knitting. I have been talking with God. I have been asking Him to use me. Use me in any way possible to spread His beautiful, undying love with others. He told me there is a very special way that I can use my gift of knitting to share His love.

There is a place in my town that is called Options For Women. It is a place where a young woman can go when she finds out she is pregnant and is scared and alone. She can go to the center and receive a pregnancy test, an ultrasound, assistance in finding assistance. She can earn points towards baby clothing, furniture and accessories. She can also earn points towards diapers for her baby. This ministry has saved the lives of so many unborn babies.

So, where does my gift of knitting come in???? I'll tell you.

I have a vision (not from me, mind you, it's a vision that God has placed on my heart) to teach these young women how to knit. They can make something for their baby. It can be a way that she can bond with her unborn child. It will also give her a sense of self worth and it will be a skill that she can take with her beyond her young years.

I have a lot of research to do... and my goal is to have this ministry up and running by September, when my kiddos are in school and I will have the mornings to dedicate to this.

Please pray for this goal to come to life. (no pun intended, hehe!) I feel so drawn to this cause. Pray for me to continue to brainstorm for it, to rustle up the supplies needed (needles and yarn) and for the young women to be interested in this. Pray for me to come across the right people at the right time, to have the correct information in getting such a ministry going.

Thank you.......

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi!!
How great!!
You know God is giving people visions of the things that He wants them to do in the kingdom. He has definitely given you a beautiful one.
Have a great day!!
God Bless You!!

Mokihana said...

What a wonderful blessing you will be in the lives of the women! It seems to me that you are giving them hope and a promise of the future since they're knitting for the future. Bless the work of your hands... and thanks for the invite to your new blog!